Wheel well liners, also known as wheel well moldings or wheel arch liners, are protective covers that are installed over the wheel wells of a vehicle. They are typically made of rubber or plastic and are designed to protect the wheel wells from dirt, mud, rocks, and other debris that can be kicked up by the tires while driving.
There are several pros to using wheel well liners:
- Protection: The main reason for installing wheel well liners is to protect the wheel wells from damage. These liners help to prevent rust and other types of corrosion that can occur when debris accumulates in the wheel wells.
- Easy to clean: Wheel well liners are much easier to clean than the wheel wells themselves. If you drive off-road or in muddy conditions, you know how hard it can be to get the wheel wells clean. With wheel well liners, you can simply hose them off and be done.
- Improved appearance: Wheel well liners can also improve the appearance of your vehicle by giving it a cleaner, more finished look. They can hide any imperfections or damage that may have occurred to the wheel wells over time.
- Increased resale value: If you’re planning to sell your vehicle in the future, wheel well liners can help to increase its resale value. They show that you have taken good care of the vehicle and that it has been well-maintained.
There are also some cons to consider when it comes to wheel well liners:
- Cost: Wheel well liners can be expensive, especially if you need to purchase them for all four wheels.
- Difficult to install: Depending on the type of wheel well liners you choose, they can be difficult to install. Some may require special tools or the assistance of a professional to get them in place properly.
- Limited availability: Wheel well liners may not be available for all vehicle models, so you may have to search around to find a set that will fit your car.
Table of Contents
Are wheel wells important?
Wheel wells are the openings in the body of a vehicle that house the wheels and tires. They are an important structural component of a vehicle, as they help to support the weight of the vehicle and keep the wheels in place.
In addition to their structural function, wheel wells also serve a number of other purposes. They help to protect the suspension and other mechanical components of the vehicle from dirt, mud, and other debris that can be kicked up by the tires. They also help to keep the wheels and tires in proper alignment, which is important for safe and stable driving.
Wheel wells are an essential part of a vehicle’s design and play a crucial role in its performance and safety. It is important to keep them in good condition and free of damage in order to ensure that your vehicle is operating at its best.
How much does it cost to replace wheel well liner?
In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $100 for a single-wheel well liner. However, this price can vary greatly depending on the specific circumstances. For example, if you need to replace all four-wheel well liners on your vehicle, the cost will be higher. If you choose to have the work done by a dealership or a specialized mechanic, you may also pay more.
Wheel well liners are worth considering if you want to protect your wheel wells from damage and improve the appearance of your vehicle. While they may be costly and difficult to install, the benefits of increased protection and resale value can be worth it in the long run.